About Our Dentist Office
Our dentist office has been an integral part of the Victoria, TX, community for over 43 years. Dr. Richard H. Heard started it on Airline Street, where it remained for 10 years. In 1983, he moved it to 107 Professional Park Drive where it flourishes today. After her service in the USAF, Dr. Rachel Heard joined the practice in 2001. Together, Dr. Richard Heard and Dr. Rachel Heard formed Victoria Family Dentistry. Many staff members have been with us for years, some since the beginning of our journey.
Our patients -- That’s what fuels us. We not only love what we do, but we enjoy seeing the smiles on people’s faces when they come into our office. The moment you walk through our doors, you’ll find a comfortable, relaxing, stress-free environment. You’ll be greeted by our knowledgeable, down-to-earth team who will truly make you feel like a part of the family and will help you turn your dental goals into reality.
At Victoria Family Dentistry, our staff works closely together to serve the Victoria Community in a Christian atmosphere. So come visit us, and let’s make your smile shine!We can’t wait to see you! To reduce the waiting time at your check-in, please fill out the appropriate forms and bring them with you to your appointment.
- Welcome Letter
- Health History
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Treatment Plan Explanation & Informed Consent
If you will be sedated during your visit, pay special attention to the details below.
Instructions for Patients Receiving Sedation
- To reduce the chances of nausea, do not eat any food or drink opaque liquids (for example: coffee, milk, orange juice) for at least six hours before your appointment. You may drink clear liquids such as water or apple juice up to two hours before the procedure.
- If your surgery is in the morning, do not eat or drink anything between bedtime and your scheduled appointment.
- If your surgery is at 1:00 pm, you may eat a light breakfast before 7:00am. Afterwards, do not eat or drink anything until after the appointment.
- Unless specified by your dentist, all medicines taken on a routine basis should be continued without interruption. Please swallow with a minimal amount of water if within 2 hours of your appointment.
- A responsible adult, over 18 years of age, must accompany the patient(s) to the clinic and remain there throughout the entire procedure. Following the sedation, this responsible adult must escort the patient home, and should remain with them for the rest of the day or until the patient is fully awake.
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany minors (persons under the age of 18 years of age).
- Please DO NOT WEAR FINGERPOLISH (on at least one finger).
- Following the sedation, patients should refrain from driving an automobile or engaging in any activity that requires alertness until the next day or until fully alert. Avoid alcoholic beverages until the next day.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW ANY OF THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF THE SEDATION APPOINTMENT.
If you have any questions or concerns, you may reach Dr. Rachel Heard by calling: (361) 575-4508.
“Definitely the best dentist I have ever been to. Dr. Rachel and her staff really care about their patients, and are able to put an anxious person at ease. They all do an awesome job, are personable and very professional. I would recommend Dr. Rachel and her staff to anyone!” Kathleen H.